UB School of Management Honors Outstanding Graduates of the Class of 2022
BUFFALO, NY — At its commencement ceremonies on May 20 and 21, the University at Buffalo School of Management recognized 17 outstanding graduates for their academic, extracurricular or volunteer achievements.
The MBA, Master of Science and PhD graduates, and the awards they received, are:
- Catherine Gentz of Grand Island, the State University of New York Chancellor’s Award for Student Excellence, the highest honor the SUNY system bestows on its students. The honor recognizes high-achieving students who excel in areas such as leadership, community service, campus involvement, or the arts.
- Brianna Hodge from Corning, the William H. Wendel Memorial Award for Student Excellence in Human Resources Management, awarded to the graduate student who has made the greatest contribution to the field of human resources management.
- Andrew Hoke de Millerton, the MBA Student Achievement Award, for demonstrated academic excellence and outstanding extracurricular service to school and university.
- Hoke also received the Dr. Jerry and Mrs. Dina Wind Award for Promoting International Understanding, given to a US-born student who has promoted international understanding among MBA students.
- Danny JM Kim from Daejeon, Korea, the PhD Student Achievement Award, for demonstrated academic excellence and outstanding extracurricular services to school and university.
- Kim also received the Paul E. Green Award in Marketing, given to a doctoral student in the School of Management who has exemplified excellence in marketing research.
- Amey Kulkarni from Aurangabad, India, the Master of Science Student Achievement Award, for demonstrated academic excellence and outstanding extracurricular services to school and university.
- Cindy Ly of Williamsville, the Sidney N. Kahn Memorial Award for Excellence in Sales and Marketing, awarded to the MBA student who has made the greatest contribution to the field of sales and marketing.
- Himan Priya from New Delhi, India, the Dr. Marcel and Ms. Kathryn Vinokur Award for Promoting Global Understanding, awarded to a graduate student born outside of North America who has promoted global understanding among MBA students.
- Vishal Subramaniam from Mumbai, India, the Charles H. Diefendorf Prize in Finance, awarded to the student who has made the greatest contribution to the field of finance.
- Anna Zufle of East Amherst, Drs. John and Arlyn Myers Award, given to an MBA student who has excelled in the field of marketing.
The BSc graduates and the awards they have received are:
- Gabriella Akopian of Amherst, Katie Caulfield of Tuckahoe, and Emilie Wilk from Hamburg, the Adriana Ilyse Thaler Memorial Senior Award in Marketing, awarded to senior marketing students who have best demonstrated academic excellence, leadership, marketing professionalism and personal motivation.
- Andre Melia of Churchville and Khanh (haven) Nguyen from Bien Hoa, Vietnam, Delta Sigma Pi Scholarship Key, presented to full-time undergraduate students who have compiled the highest management grade point average of all eligible graduate students.
- Sydney Merrit of Rochester, the Undergraduate Student Achievement Award, for demonstrated academic excellence and outstanding extracurricular service to school and university.
- Emilie Piscitelli of Orchard Park, the Eddy Lin Memorial Award, given to a graduate student focusing on a career in accounting with a mid-sized accounting firm. The recipient must actively mentor others, demonstrate academic excellence and a passion for learning, and have a caring and fun attitude.
- Adam Wyckoff de Ransomville, the UB Accounting Association’s Michael S. Dockery Memorial Senior Award, given to a senior accounting student who has made a superior contribution to the Institute of Internal Auditors, the accounting profession, their fellow students, and the ‘school.
The UB School of Management is recognized for its focus on real-world learning, community and economic impact, and the global perspective of its faculty, students, and alumni. The school has also been ranked by Bloomberg Businessweek, Forbes, and US News & World Report for the quality of its programs and the return on investment it offers its graduates. For more information about the UB School of Management, visit management.buffalo.edu.