Internship in education/management of associations (fall 2022) – occupied Palestinian territory
TYO embraces the value of cross-cultural exchange in an increasingly globalized world. Over the past 12 years, more than 125 international interns from all walks of life have come to our flagship center in Nablus, Palestine, to help strengthen local Nablus refugee communities and similar vulnerable groups. They have advanced the holistic, intergenerational and person-centred approach at the heart of our community development programs for children, youth, women and parents.
TYO’s International Internship Program offers students, recent graduates and young professionals a chance to develop their professional and cross-cultural skills by gaining work experience in a non-profit organization in the Middle East. Interns work full-time for a period of three months in cooperation with local and international TYO staff.
Creativity, fun and positivity are at the heart of all our programs at TYO. We’re looking for people who are curious, humble, empathetic, with unparalleled integrity, and a genuine desire and work ethic to make life a little bit better for our community every day. If this suits you, contact us!
What will you do:
Your job will depend on TYO’s needs and your skills, passion and experience! This work schedule will also be established prior to your internship. This can include programs for women, teens, entrepreneurs, young athletes, or our 4-5 year olds (teaching experience and skills required).
Depending on your experience, skills, and interests, you may also contribute to areas such as media and communications, nonprofit management, professional development, business development, and creative arts (eg. example, music, theatre/drama, arts and crafts).
Part of your time will be to prepare and teach creative, experience-based English lessons for our primary school-aged children (i.e. grades 1-6) that support the holistic and psychosocial learning.
You will receive the support of a translator (if needed) who will help you communicate with your team of volunteers and your students. You will contribute to weekly monitoring and evaluation reports.
You will write blog posts during your internship for TYO’s website and social media.
Who are you:
- You have teaching experience and training in a formal or non-formal setting as a teacher, summer camp counselor, coach, trainee, tutor, etc.
- You are fluent in English. You are pursuing or have received undergraduate or graduate studies in education, psychology/social work, international/community development, communications or related fields.
- You like to learn and teach. You will have both the empathy to understand the challenges your students face and the dedication to create a structured and creative learning environment.
- You have strong oral and written communication skills. Experience in monitoring, evaluation and reporting is a great advantage.
- You have maturity, flexibility, initiative, perseverance and a good sense of humor considering the difficult nature of daily life in Palestine. You also have experience working in diverse linguistic and cultural contexts.
- You have a commitment to TYO’s non-political, non-religious approach and respect the cultural norms of the organization and the community.
- PRIME: Experience in sports, music, theater and art.
- PRIME: Arabic language skills.
How it works:
We offer a 12-week internship during the fall semester (September-December 2022). We hope these will be some of the most rewarding weeks of your professional life.
Selected interns will receive:
- Round-trip airport ground transportation
- Accommodation (room and board) as well as the grocery store at the vast center of TYO
- Local SIM card and credit for local texting and calls (no data), plus a TYO phone for the duration of the course
How to register
Please complete the following request: https://forms.gle/SZQWsgUxbVSmkzPo9
We will contact you to schedule an interview if you are selected to continue the application process.
Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis until positions are filled, so please apply as soon as possible. TYO reserves the right to fill positions before the closing date for applications. We look forward to meeting you!